My 28th birthday anniversary was marked with lots of joy, happiness, gifts and surprises. Of all the gifts, the best one was a Harmonica from my fiancé. This post is not about that harmonica but rather about a nice gift from my uncle. It’s a book called “The Secret by Rhonda Byrne”.
First of all, I never have or had the habit of reading books. So to a person like me, if you ask something about spiritual books, I would scream a big NO. I’m just a null pointer having /dev/zero opinions about spirituality”. I always presume that books of that sort are never going to tickle any of my numb nerves. After reading this book, I should say that I didn’t feel anything great about it. But i would accept the fact that the author had made many good points. Sometimes while reading, I felt a bit bored because the author was trying to stress the same point over and over. But on another note, whatever statements the author was trying to emphasize were good. To speak from the heart, after reading this book, I was able to realize and understand the mistakes that i’m doing in my day-to-day life. I can easily consent with anyone that I need to fundamentally shift the way I see and face things in life. I felt its good to bullet out the most important points presented in this book so that it might be useful for others too.
- Humans are like a transmission tower emitting a wave of a specific frequency whenever they think. Their thoughts could be a good one or a bad one. In either case, a wave is transmitted. Thoughts are basically magnetic and according to the universal law of attraction - That single thought of yours in turn attracts more and more of similar thoughts and swamps your mind. The final state of your mind and body are determined by those thoughts that you received. Good and healthy thoughts are going to provide you a happy state of mind while the negative or unhealthy thoughts lead you to a bad state of mind. And that’s why its always important to think good and positively in life.
- Given a situation in life, its impossible to completely avoid thinking negatively. Negative thoughts might come but don’t drown yourself completely with those. Don’t even try to think too much about “what is wrong or what you should not do”. Rather try to think only about “what is good and what you have to do”. The author quotes an example that Mother Teresa once said that she will never participate in an anti-war rally but she said she will be ready to join if it’s a "peace rally". Don’t let the negative thoughts dominate you and make the law of attraction send you more of negative thoughts. If you want to stop the negative thoughts try to meditate for few minutes or try to do some secret shifters like listening to your favorite music, thinking about some pleasant memories. In short, take control of your mind and think only the good ones.
- When you want to reach a goal or when you want to become something in life, always firmly believe that you will reach it and you will get it. Visualize and dream that you are already there and you have already become what you want to. Start loving it. Start visioning it. Start seeing them with your own eyes. A shortcut to manifesting your desires is to see what you want as real. Actions will automatically follow those thoughts and will drive you to success.
- Be thankful for what you are and never complain about your current position. If you complain, remember you are talking about a negative thing, you are thinking a negative thought and you are calling the law of attraction to bring in more complaints about yourself into you. Learn to be happy with what you are. Try to help others in need. Always remember to show your gratitude to others.
- If you don't know anything that your colleagues and friends are discussing about, be ready to accept the fact. Its always nice to be open and accept the not-known things as you don’t know.. instead of trying to put a fake-show. Its better not to speak up if you don't know 100% about the topic in discussion or question. Exhibiting this character reflects a positive opinion about you and makes everyone feel good about you.
- Don’t be over-confident about yourself for everything. But at the same time when you think about yourself, try to feel good and treat yourself with respect and love. If you do so, the law of attraction will show you great things about yourself. Focus on what you appreciate about your friends, colleagues and partner. Learn to love them instead of blaming and complaining. Appreciate and talk only about the goods and strengths. Don’t let your mind to even think about the DON'Ts, When you think good thoughts, talk good things, radiate good energy and reflect good feelings, you become a good person.
The secret behind anything in life is “The law of attraction”. When you understand the behavior of this law and take control of your mind and body, you win your life.
Labels: Personal Reflections